UK Travel and Tourism Internships
Greatdays Travel Group Offer Exciting 6 or 12 month Internship Opportunities in Travel and Tourism
How does the Intern benefit from the Internship?
With more and more students graduating, securing a good job seems to get tougher and tougher each year. A good grade in your final exam results is no longer a real guarantee to get you a great job in your chosen industry. Employers are increasingly looking for people with real work experience, and certainly with some first-hand knowledge of the workplace.
Greatdays has put together a UK Travel and Tourism Internships programme that can offer that first-hand knowledge and experience employers are seeking.
This is not an apprenticeship or a temp to permanent position but a fixed period internship to gain practical experience in the travel industry. When completed this will show prospective employers you can understand, commit to and complete a commercial obligation in real life, and have that experience they are seeking. Read testimonials from our previous Interns.
Experience across the following areas is on offer:
- Hands on development of “live” commercial products and services
- Working as part of a team and also on your own initiative
- Time management
- Analysis and problem solving
- Article, brochure and report writing
- Insight into the way a business flows and functions
- Communication skills
- Product sourcing
- Booking real tours
- Specific travel sector experience
- Personal performance feedback
- An open door policy to the Directors to discuss your career
- Assistance in developing and tailoring your CV
- Assistance in the development of professional networking
- A written reference on completion of your internship
Key Skills Required:
- A real passion for travel and tourism
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Computer Literate
- A keen interest in travel and tourism
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK or European destinations
Office Location, Hours and Terms:
- Head Office, Altrincham Greater Manchester, UK
- 37.5 hours per week (Normally 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday)
- Unpaid Internship, £10/day lunch/travel expenses provided
- 20 days holiday (pro-rata)
- Assistance in obtaining travel concessions around the UK
Are you interested?
If you are interested in one of our Travel and Tourism Internships positions please click the link below to apply. Address your cover letter to Andy Beard and ensure you explain why you believe you would be a great candidate for the position.