Data Protection Policy
The Data Protection Act 1998 came into force 1st March 2000 and describes how organisations must collect, handle and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically or on paper.
Every organisation that processes personal information has to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), unless they are exempt.
Greatdays Travel Group have the following registrations with the Data Protection Registrar (ZA109288, Greatdays Holidays Services Ltd, ZA109286, Greatdays Holidays Ltd).
There are 8 principles governing the processing of personal data:
- Must be processed fairly and lawfully
- Obtained only for specified and lawful purposes
- Subject to appropriate technical and company measures to protect against unauthorised use, loss, destruction or damage.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is obtained
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act
- Shall not be transferred outside of the EU unless that country ensures adequate level of data protection.
Personal Data is defined as “data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data”.
The following Personal Data is held by Greatdays to maintain our database and interact with suppliers in order to deliver your holidays booked with us.
- Contact details (name, address, email, phone number)
- Dietary or Disability Special Needs
- Passport and/or date of birth(where provided)
We sometimes need to share the above personal information we hold with hotels, airlines or other transportation services as required to comply with their needs to plan your arrival and special requests, and comply with other legal requirements.
Subject Access Requests (SAR)
Individuals are entitled to ask what data companies hold about them through raising a Subject Access Request or (SAR).
This request must be done in writing or email to Greatdays Data Protection Officer, Greatdays Travel Group, Chapel House, 1 Borough Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 9RA. This must be accompanied with a fee of £10, cheques payable to Greatdays. Upon receipt, we will respond to the SAR within 40 calendar days.