Greatdays Travel Group CSR Policy
Greatdays Travel Group promotes and maintains high standards of Corporate Social Responsibility. As a provider of tailor-made holiday packages for both the coaching market and private group organisers, we believe a positive record amongst our competitors and clients as a conscientious employer that acts responsibly and with integrity is a priority. Our recent success at the UK Coach, Group Travel and Coach Tourism Awards is testament to this in action.
We are conscious of the important role that the development, review and implementation of key policies governing environmental awareness, employment and supplier selection plays in the success of our business. Hence, Greatdays Travel Group defines corporate social responsibility as actions that positively impact our clients, our staff and our suppliers. Examples of our commitment to corporate responsibility include:
– We conduct our business responsibly and ethically at all levels, resulting in fair interactions with one another and our local community.
– We value personal well-being and professional growth. Thus, we invest in staff through training workshops and familiarisation trips across the UK and Europe to deepen the knowledge and experience of our destination specialists, improving the Greatdays offering.
– The company also offers internship opportunities to university students, both from British universities as well as from abroad. By offering internships to students, students get the opportunity to familiarise themselves with our business operations as well as gaining an insight into the travel industry.
– Our people-oriented values are mirrored by our annual company conference which promotes inter-departmental cooperation and company vision.
– Managing our environmental impact.
– A positive attitude towards equality and disability in the workplace and towards our clients’ interests and support on our tours.
– Implementation of a simple but effective process for the collection and review of customer feedback.
– At Greatdays, we have been privileged to be able to contribute towards community causes by organising charity raffles at each of our entertainment events. It is an important part of the event program and our customers and staff love to be involved.
– Instead of sending Christmas cards to valued clients and suppliers, we donate the money to a good cause.
We believe that even small measures can have a big impact; we have many members of staff who reduce their carbon footprint by walking into the office, travelling on public transport or car sharing; and we take measures to ensure that all our electrical equipment is turned off overnight and when not in use. Recycling is also important to us; we are taking steps to reduce the amount of paper we use and where this cannot be avoided, we ensure that all paper and cardboard is correctly recycled. We also recycle plastic and glass from the office and all old electrical equipment is disposed of sensibly.