Group Travel Tour Operator and DMC for County Durham
KYNREN – An Epic Tale of England
Contact us for more details for Kynren in 2022
Head to the Eleven Arches to experience this exciting tour. Set against the magnificent backdrop of Auckland Castle, County Durham, this 90-minute KYNREN show begins at dusk and ends in starlight. The show takes the audiences on a journey through 2,000 years of British history, myth and legend at breakneck speed. Encompassing the Roman occupation. Both World Wars. Viking and Norman invasions, medieval feasts, Tudor times, The English Civil War, the Georgian Renaissance, Industrial Revolution and Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in between. This short break allows you to experience the magic, history and spectacle of KYNREN for yourself.
This tour has been tried and tested by Greatdays staff. Read our report here.
August 2022 & 2023 (Kynren Show Saturdays only)
Suggested itinerary by coach
Travel to your hotel
The Greatdays team can offer you suggestions for a stop-off on the journey.
Saturday - Daytime
Free time in Durham
Today is free to spend at your leisure. Your group may wish to explore the captivating city of Durham and its famous Cathedral, recently voted the ‘UK’s most popular Cathedral’, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Other attractions you may wish to explore in the area include:
- Crook Hall and Gardens
- Beamish Museum
Saturday - Evening
After an early dinner we drive to Eleven Arches. In the evening the curtain will rise for the third season of ‘Kynren – An Epic Tale of England’ as the spectacular open-air live show begins in full force. Be prepared to be moved by the epic dance routines and battles, flamboyant special effects, dazzling pyrotechnics and original score. Be part of a crowd of up to 8,000 visitors per night to witness this rich visual tapestry and truly spectacular show.
Group rate applicable for minimum 20pax.
Featured Hotels – Inspected by Greatdays staff in February 2019
Holiday Inn Washington ***
This modern hotel is adjacent to the A1, and 9 miles south of Newcastle City Centre. The hotel is close to Washington and Durham. The hotel is in semi rural, residential area. There are lifts in the hotel to access the six floors. There is free Wi-Fi throughout and the hotel is air- conditioned. The hotel provides ample free on-site coach parking in its large car park.
Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel ****
Located just 15 minutes from Newcastle Upon Tyne. Room facilities include tea/coffee making facilities, TV, iron and en suite bathroom. The hotel offers a modern restaurant, bar/lounge area, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, spa and wellness centre. As well as all this, there is free on-site parking. No lift access but there are ground floor rooms.
Radisson Blu Durham ****
This modern 4 star hotel is situated in the City Centre of Durham on the banks of the River Wear. The Castle & Cathedral are around 10 minutes walk, and shops within a few minutes. The hotel offers a restaurant, small lounge area and two bars. There is a leisure club with swimming pool, sauna, solarium gym and health spa. Lifts access the four floors. Corridors have flat access. There is free Wi-Fi throughout and the hotel is air-conditioned. There are 207 modern bedrooms, and are en-suite mostly with shower over bath. Tea/coffee making facilities, Flat-screen TV, Hairdryer, safe, iron and mini bar are in the rooms. There are adapted rooms available. Rooms at the front of the hotel have views over the City.
Marriott Newcastle Metrocentre ****
Located approximately 4 miles from Newcastle Upon Tyne. Room facilities include tea/coffee making facilities, TV and en suite bathroom. The hotel offers a modern restaurant, bar/lounge area, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, spa and wellness centre. As well as all this, there is free on-site parking and lift access to all floors.
Group Information for KYNREN
- The show begins at 8.30pm and is 90 minutes in duration.
- We recommend groups arrive and check-in at least an hour before the show begins and allow at least an hour to vacate the grounds.
- Coach parking is available on site grounds, after which all visitors go through ticket check next to the coach drop off point. There is then a mostly flat walk 350m walk to the Tribune.
- Food and beverages are available on site. They are not included in the price of the ticket. Food and drinks are not allowed in the tribune.
- The Tribune is an open air theatre and there is no shelter from rain or adverse weather. We recommend groups bring blankets and warm coats, gloves, scarves etc. Umbrellas are not allowed but macs are available to purchase.
- Bags exceeding 40 x 30 x 20cm are not permitted. Backpacks or Rucksacks are not allowed. Bags are subject to a security check upon entry. Blankets must fit in bags.
- Full payment is required 8 weeks prior to departure.
- Price and itinerary are based on a Saturday in August seated in the ‘Superior’ section.
- Price based on a party of 20 guests or more.
- In the event the show is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, ticket costs are refundable but any additional travel costs are not.
|Dates||3 days / 2 nights|
|2022 dates||Prices on request|
|2023 dates||From £145.00 per person|