A Capital London Christmas 2018
Beat the January blues and treat yourself to an early Christmas present courtesy of Greatdays Travel.
Maybe you haven’t thought about spending a Christmas Break in Central London before? We have put together a selection of great value hotels, from 3 to 5 star all well situated and great for getting around.
Spend this magical time of year, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day in London. Detailed trip itineraries are available upon request for each tour. We have a selection of extras available to make your trip even more special – please see below.
24th December 2018
Arrive in London and Winter Wonderland
This evening you could be heading to the spectacular Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Whether you’d like to brave it and test your balance on the Ice Rink, take a ride on one of the many fairground attractions or simply enjoy a mulled wine and a bratwurst whilst browsing through the chalet shops. There’s plenty to do and it’s sure to get you feeling festive!
Alternatively how about a Pantomime? There are several playing over the festive period – please contact us for details and prices.
Day 2 - Christmas Day
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the hotel and then maybe a walk before lunch.
There will be a pre dinner drink (at some hotels, the drink may be served with dinner), and then a traditional Christmas lunch will be served. After lunch you can relax or maybe explore the local area.
There will be a buffet served in the hotel in the evening and perhaps followed by a few drinks in the hotel bar to get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 3 - Boxing Day
Enjoy breakfast in the hotel, then the day is yours. It may be a public holiday, but there will be plenty open in the Capital! Many shops start their Sales on the 26th, so a chance to get a few bargains maybe. You will find many of London attractions are also open on Boxing Day including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds, London Zoo and Kew Gardens. You could also visit Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park.
This evening there will be a dinner served in the hotel.
If today is your final day in London, how about a panoramic sightseeing tour of some of the sights or maybe a last bit of shopping?
Featured Hotels – Other hotels are also available
Hotel Novotel London West****
This 4 star hotel is conveniently located in London West, a 6 -minute walk from the famous Apollo Theatre and the Hammersmith tube station where there is easy access to 3 tube lines. The hotel offers 2 relaxed restaurant where breakfast is available for a fee. In addition to this, a fitness centre is available as well as a bar/lounge, which is perfect for relaxing after a day visiting the capital’s shopping areas. The simply furnished rooms come with complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and desks.
Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth****
In the posh Fitzrovia district of London, this refined hotel is a short distance from Buckingham Palace and easy access to tube from Tottenham Court Road tube station which is only 0.2 miles away. The hotel offers sophisticated rooms and suites with 24-hour room service, minibars, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and iPod docks. The on-site restaurant and bar, Scoff & Banter, serves locally sourced British cuisine. A selection of cocktails and fine wines are also on offer in the bar, also cooked breakfasts are available in the mornings.
EXTRAS TO REALLY ENHANCE THE TOUR
- Showboat dinner cruise on Boxing Day on the Thames – departs at 7.30pm from Westminster Pier includes 3 hour cruise, welcome drink, 4 course dinner with 1/2 bottle of wine and entertainment – £75.00 per person
- An evening at the Pantomime! See Dick Whittington at the London Palladium on Boxing Day. Show starts at 7.30pm. Seats in the stalls – £35.00 per person
- Boxing Day Lunch Cruise or alternatively afternoon High Tea on the River Thames – departs from Tower Pier (11.30am for the lunch cruise and 3.15pm for the afternoon tea cruise) – £32.00 per person
- Afternoon High Tea in a selection of central London hotels – details and prices on request
- London Eye – Enjoy spectacular views from 135m as you enjoy the 30 minute journey – £23.00 per person
- Extra nights at the hotel e.g. 23rd or 27th December can be added – please ask for prices
- Visit Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park – it’s free to enter, though amusements and rides are chargeable
- See the lights of Central London – Oxford Street and Regents Street are the best places
- Some Museums will be open on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day – Many are free to enter
- Take a walk in Hyde Park or Kensington Gardens – London’s best open spaces
|Novotel Hammersmith||From £299.00 per person|
|Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth||From £4790.00 per person|
Prices above are based on sharing a double/twin bedded room
Single supplements apply and vary by hotel.
Other hotels are available – please contact us for details